New Year’s Eve 2014 At Bistro 72!
Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, New Year’s Eve is just around the corner. It’s amazing how quickly time flies…it feels like our last New Year’s Eve was only a few months ago, not a whole year.
Bistro 72 is excited to be offering a fantastic, four-course prix fixe New Year’s Eve dinner special this year, complete with a locally sourced wine pairing menu, a live performance by The Jesse Barnes Trio! We wanted to make sure that you had all of the information ahead of time, so that you can share the menu with your friends and book your New Year’s Eve 2014 plans accordingly.
To reserve your table for New Year’s Eve dinner at Bistro 72, please call 631.369.3325.
First Course Selections
To start off with something light, you will have a choice of one of the following:
- Corn Chowder – roasted corn, potatoes, and pulled pork
- Eastern Long Island Steamed Mussels – Long Ireland Celtic Ale broth and a baguette crostini
- Crab Cakes – red pepper remoulade, wakame, and seaweed salad
Enjoy with your appetizer, one of the following local wines or beer:
- White Wine – Lieb, Merlot Blanc 2011
- Sparkling Wine – Sparkling Pointe, Brut
- Beer – Long Ireland, Celtic Ale
Second Course Selections
For a colorful dish of local fruits and vegetables, you will have a choice of one of the following:
- Beet Salad – red and yellow beets, chopped pistachio, goat cheese mousse, white balsamic, and a pomegranate reduction
- Bistro 72 Salad – organic mesclun, walnuts, dried cranberries, grilled pears, goat cheese crumble, and a champagne vinaigrette
- Caesar Salad – chopped romaine, parmesan cheese, and a baguette crostini
Pair your salad, with one of the following local wine, beer or spirit options:
- White Wine – Osprey’s Dominion, Riesling 2010
- Beer – Blue Point Brewery, Toasted Lager
- Spirit – LiV Vodka Martini served your way
Third Course Selections
For your hearty main course, you will have a choice of one of the following:
- Praline Encrusted Cod – chardonnay butter cream, golden raisins, parsnip mashed potatoes, and seasonal vegetables
- Filet Mignon – porcini dusted, madeira wine reduction, parsnip mashed potatoes, and baby spinach
- French Cut Chicken – apple cider gastrique, tri-colored potatoes, and seasonal vegetables
- ½ Long Island Duck – port wine reduction and orange glaze, roasted tri-colored potatoes, and local vegetables
- Butternut Squash Ravioli – baby vegetables, sundried tomatoes, soy milk, and saffron coriander sauce
Savor your entree, with one of the select local wines, beer or spirits:
- White Wine – One Woman Wines, Chardonnay 2010
- Red Wine – Shinn Estates Vineyard, Wild Boar Doe 2010
- Red Wine – Bedell Cellars, Cabernet Franc 2011
- Beer – Crooked Ladder Brewery, Downtown Brown
- Spirit – Owney’s Organic Rum & Seltzer
Fourth Course Selections
To top it all off with something sweet, your dessert options are one of the following:
- Crème Brulee – vanilla custard under hard caramel with fresh berries
- Italian Cheesecake – ricotta filling, orange zest, and confectioner’s sugar
- Tiramisu – espresso and Irish cream
- Flourless Chocolate Gateau – whipped cream, mint, and grand mariner-infused raspberry coulis
Complement your dessert, with one of the following local wine or spirits options:
- White Wine – Lenz Winery, Gewurztraminer 2008
- Spirit – DuckWalk Vineyards, Blueberry Port
- Spirit – Shinn Estates Vineyard, ‘Shine’ Grappa
- Spirit – LI Spirit, Ristretto Espresso Vodka
The Bistro 72 New Year’s Eve prix fixe dinner menu is $72 per person, plus tax and gratuity.
Our Local Pairing option is $27 per person, plus tax and gratuity.
We look forward to seeing you at Bistro 72 for what promises to be a great New Year’s Eve. To reserve your dinner table please call 631.369.3325.
originally posted on indigoeastend.com